Shop Resources My Classroom My World Home Instagram Youtube TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Facebook Email Image Map

March 24, 2017

Word Family Project

Who Doesn’t Love a Project?

Especially when it’s quick and the family can help out!  I’m blessed in the sense that my class LOVES anything deemed a project!  They ask for projects!!  So I decided to give them one, but not labor intensive because we have our Landform unit coming up and I know that project will be a little time consuming. 

 Each student was given a different list of spelling words from our basal to use for their book.  You could use any list of words. 

 

The instructions were simple and I always tell my kids to be as creative as possible.  I think this is why they love the projects so much because their uniqueness shines through! 














I was given a rubric by a partner teacher last year so I just tweaked it to fit this project.  Check it out if you want to give it a try!



The best part is when they get to present their books.  We went to another first grade class to share our books.  


They take such pride in what they do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment